Re: RFC [libstdc++v3] target-specific cpu_limits.h

On Sat, Mar 09, 2002 at 01:25:52PM +1100, Danny Smith wrote:
> I note that files cpu-limits.h in various libstdc++-v3/config/cpu/*/bits/
> dirs don't have much to say about fp environment, other than size of long
> double.
>
> In local build tree I have added following file in cpu subdir as
> libstdc++-v3/config/cpu/i386/mingw32/bits/cpu-limits.h and modified
> configure.target accordingly. The file defines constants based on the
> default behavior of native C-runtime (default i387 fpu mode is set at CRT
> startup).
>
> My question: Is this the place to add these defines?  Can I put something
> like this (after more testing and discussion with other mingw developers)
> in FSF tree?
>
> Here is the file:
[snip]

Note that proposed patches for libstdc++-v3 should also go to the libstdc++
list in addition to gcc-patches; this is documented in a couple places on
the "for developers" parts of the gcc.gnu.org site.  We would've responded
earlier, I think, if we had seen your article.

This looks like the right way to go about specializing these FP parts.
The limits header is set up to pay attention to cpu-specific overrides.
No other port currently does this, so you're breaking new ground.
(Gaby? Sanity check?)

The filename you suggest looks wrong; are these specific to mingw or are
the specific to the i386?

Phil