Re: hook concept checking into compiler checking? (was Re: feb-2002 libstdc++ outstanding)

On Mon, Mar 11, 2002 at 07:03:24PM -0800, Benjamin Kosnik wrote:

> > What if we make --enable-concept-checking pay attention to the top-level's
> > --enable-checking option?
>
> Hmmmmmmm....... sounds like a promising idea. First though, are
> testresults identical for --enable-concept-checking and
> --disable-concept-checking?

No, these two fail with c-c turned on:

    23_containers/list_modifiers.cc
    23_containers/map_operators.cc

(although for some reason only the first is correctly reported as having
failed to build an executable).

The first uses a 'class T' with a non-static const data member; this flunks
the Assignable test.  The second uses a map instantiation (MapInt in test02)
of a type (const int) which flunks the Assignable test.

The first would probably be solved by the proposed "testsuite library" and
a counting class; I think this was in you list of January outstanding items.

I don't think the second case is valid.  It's a useful idea (mapping to
a const), but I don't think it meets the requirements.

Phil