Re: GCC-3.0.4 (pre) on AIX requires pthreads

>> #define THREAD_MODEL_SPEC "%{pthread:posix}%{!pthread:single}"

Phil> Well, I'm no expert, but that would seem to be the problem.  My
Phil> specs-to-English is rusty, but doesn't this mean "if -pthread isn't given
Phil> assume single"?  Should it not be doing some kind of check on whether or
Phil> not to print "aix"?

	No.  That's just the point.  If the model is not POSIX pthreads,
then it is single.  This is a binary choice.  If thread model 'aix' had
been satisfactory, we would not have needed to create the
THREAD_MODEL_SPEC in the first place.

	I suggest that you review the libstdc++ discussion about this from
September 2000, and April and May 2001:

	If you want to go back to gthr-aix.h, that is fine.  But the
decision at the time was for AIX to conform to libstdc++ which expected
single or posix.

	gthr-aix.h depends upon gthr-posix.h and gthr-single.h.  Using
gthr-aix.h requires libstdc++ understanding that dependency and installing
all THREE headers.  libstdc++/include/Makefile currently only installs
thread_target_headers (gthr.h, gthr-single.h, gthr-default.h) and the
*SINGLE* file to which glicpp_thread_h is defined.

Thanks, David