Re: [RFC] libstdc++/5734

On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 01:02:37PM +0100, Paolo Carlini wrote:

> the first part of this PR is about the extension *member* of the vector class:
>
>     vector::push_back()
>
> which adds a default constructed element at the end.
>
> What should we do?

I'm trying to figure out what the PR submitter's complaint is.

-  If the bug is "this extension is undocumented," then we simply document it
   like everything else, mark it as an extension, and we're done.

-  If the bug is "we meant to call push_back(foo), but we accidentally called
   push_back(), and the compiler should have errored, and it didn't, and it's
   a library bug," then I tend to view that as Not Our Problem.  :-)

Phil