Re: Extensionless headers

Aaaaaagh. Dude, where were you a week+ ago when this was being
discussed???

;)

> I'd just as soon leave the existing solution in place, i.e. the
> extensionless header files are in a directory to themselves so they
don't
> bother anyone, and they just forward to other .h files which contain
the
> real code.  What was wrong with this?

There was nothing wrong with this. The stated reason for having this
layout was, as far as I can tell, no longer valid, so I thought I'd
simplify and remove complexity. At the time, this seemed sane to me and
the rest of the maintainers so I did it.

Since then, there has been some griping about files without extensions
being more difficult to work with. I'd asked Phil for a summary of the
complaints, but he's currently having email problems so it might be a
bit before he responds.

> This sounds fine, too.

Yeah, this sounds doable. Phil? Can you explain what you're trying to
solve and post your patch please?

-benjamin