Re: Missing explicit instantiations in libstdc++ (was Re: Unreviewed

> I leave it to the g++ testsuite to test implicit instantiations. It is
> not the intention of the 22_locale/*.cc tests to deal with instantiations
> of any type. Instead, they should test that custom facets can be compiled
> correctly by the headers.

Ok but how do we know the compilation is correct if there isn't a link and
execute phase?  22_locale/ctype_members_char.cc fails due to an assertion
failure on the PA, so it is likely that the compilation isn't correct for
some reason.  With your recent change, this isn't going to get tested any
more.

Dave