Multithreading and version 2.95.2

Hi,

    I was reading up on multithreading in version 2.95.2, about how
__USE_MALLOC was
defined, and it was causing some performance degredation. I have some
questions about it:

1) I am presently using libstdc++ and I don't know what flags it was built
with. Can I extract whether
    it was built with --enable-threads by reading the specs file ?

2) I am building on Solaris 2.6. If I compile gcc 2.95.2 with
--enable-threads, and use STL objects,
    are they supposed to be threadsafe ?

3) If STL in 2.95.2 is not threadsafe, can I get this behavior from
compiling with gcc 3.0 ?

    Thanks alot for answering my questions, btw, I am trying to compile
Apache Xalan 1.1 on Solaris
and currently it is not threadsafe.

-Stan