Re: Problem with `string', threading and shared libraries.

On Fri, Sep 28, 2001 at 01:10:03PM -0700, Benjamin Kosnik wrote:

> > | Can we start with adding the version number to the include directory paths?
> >
> > I think that is the first step.
>
> Note that there is support in the makefiles for this already, so all that
> needs to be done is turn it on by default.

Good point.  I'll add --enable-version-specific-libs to my autobuilder.

> I really think the symbol versioning is just as important though.

Absolutely.  I'm thinking something along the lines of libgcc-std.ver
and libgcc.map.  Is that the goal?

It would also be nice to use the mapfile to mark only certain symbols as
exported, but with that sentance alone I'm in over my head.  :-)

Phil

--
"You have to wonder what kind of life you have when your list of personal
rules begins with, '#3:  No drowning in your own mucus,' and '#4:  Don't