Re: Accessing the UNIX file descriptor inside an fstream

OK, I have managed to fix the sample program by adding
a filebuf* member to the Bar class and then creating a
new filebuf object on the heap. Presumably this means
that I now have to delete it manually in the
destructor too. However, given a choice, I don't think
that I'll be using this "ostomy sack" construction in
production code ...

Cheers,
Chris