Re: iostream vs iostream.h

On Fri, Sep 14, 2001 at 07:35:02PM -0400, apark@cdf.toronto.edu wrote:
> When I compile any c++ code with
>
> 	#include <iostream>
>
> instead of
>
> 	#include <iostream.h>
>
> the compilation breaks saying that some functions are
> undeclared (such as cout.) Have I broken something?

Without seeing an actual error message, there's no way to tell.

Probably you havne't broken anything; you simply need to learn how to use
ISO-standard C++.  I recommend a good C++ text, say, the 3rd edition of
Stroustrup.  For this particular problem, you're probably running into this:

http://www.cerfnet.com/~mpcline/On-Line-C++-FAQ/coding-standards.html#[25.4]

Luck++;
Phil

--
Would I had phrases that are not known, utterances that are strange, in
new language that has not been used, free from repetition, not an utterance