Re: staging headers patch, next iteration

On Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 04:55:41PM -0500, Loren James Rittle wrote:
> You do not need to respin the patch on my account.

I added enought stuff that Benjamin's patch wouldn't have applied cleanly,
probably.

> FYI, if you had
> run ``cvs add include/Makefile.am'' before ``cvs diff'', then
> everything would have worked fine.  Although I believe you need
> write-access at the point of the command, the ``cvs add'' itself does
> not change the CVS repository (unless the target was a new directory)
> until you do a ``cvs commit''.

Right, but there are also command-line options to turn on the 'diff against
/dev/null' and those options break when used with some of the other options
already in use by my scripts (-u I think).

I dearly look forward to Subversion.  We'll have to convince the GCC folks
to convert from CVS, but it'll be an improvement after the change...

Phil

--
Would I had phrases that are not known, utterances that are strange, in
new language that has not been used, free from repetition, not an utterance