Re: named locale error checking

> The locales supplied are part of the "implementation".  If they are
> not complete, that seeems like the implementation's problem; what is
> the user supposed to do about it?  To me, if the implemention comes
> with incomplete locales, then the implementation should tolerate
> incomplete locales gracefully.  That means the implementation should
> provide reasonable defaults for values not supplied.

This appears to be an area with considerable implementation leeway.
Therefore, for --enable-clocale=gnu, I'll do the error checking for
incomplete locales as explained previously and document expected behavior.

For other locale models, more elaborate constructions are possible.

To me, substituting 'default' values into a named locale defeats the
purpose of named locales entirely.

-benjamin