Re: Does libstdc++ v3 not work with Canadian crosses?

On Thu, Jun 28, 2001 at 10:45:42AM -0700, Benjamin Kosnik wrote:
> > I configured the top level with:
> >   --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu
> >   --host=mipsel-hardhat-linux
> >   --target=mipsel-hardhat-linux
>
> FYI to be pedantic, this is not a canadian cross but rather host-x-host.
> This is a different class of build.

Oops.  So that's what host-x-host means.

> In particular you'll need the TARGET_INCLUDES for this so that the
> correct libc headers are found. You'll have to have a
> correct sysroot.
>
> I can try to dig up an appropriate host-x-host configure line. It's been
> a while since I did host-x-host, but again. I've done it before, and it
> works. Or, used to work so the patches to get it working again should be
> minimal.

We've been doing host-x-host here for over a year with 2.95 without any
difficulties.  I'm using the same setup as before.  I'd appreciate
seeing your configure line, but what I have should be completely
correct.

The patches I needed to get it working again were indeed minimal,
although they'll need a little correcting based on what Alexandre said.