This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: Does libstdc++ v3 not work with Canadian crosses?
- To: Daniel Jacobowitz <dmj+ at andrew dot cmu dot edu>
- Subject: Re: Does libstdc++ v3 not work with Canadian crosses?
- From: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 11:41:10 -0700 (PDT)
- cc: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
> All I can offer is my understanding of the logic that's already there.
> --with-cross-host is only set by the toplevel if what we are BUILDING
> (not using) is a cross compiler. This precisely disagrees with the
> comment in the toplevel configure.in:
> # Passing a --with-cross-host argument lets the target libraries know
> # whether they are being built with a cross-compiler or being built
> # native. However, it would be better to use other mechanisms to make the
> # sorts of decisions they want to make on this basis. Please consider
> # this option to be deprecated. FIXME.
> Who should I talk to about the toplevel script? gcc-bugs?
Yeah and cc alexandre oliva, email@example.com