Re: Does libstdc++ v3 not work with Canadian crosses?

On Wed, Jun 27, 2001 at 11:24:01AM -0700, Benjamin Kosnik wrote:
> > And then I get:
> > running mknumeric_limits
>
> This is wrong.
>
> > >From reading mknumeric_limits and configure.in, it will only skip
> > running gen-num-limits if --with-cross-host is given explicitly; I
> > don't want to do that, since it isn't true, and effects things like the
> > garbage collector as well.
>
> Hum. I'm not quite sure what to tell you.
>
> For canadian crosses, mknumeric_limits should not be run. You might want
> to investigate how to use the generic limits file.

All I can offer is my understanding of the logic that's already there.
--with-cross-host is only set by the toplevel if what we are BUILDING
(not using) is a cross compiler.  This precisely disagrees with the
comment in the toplevel configure.in:

# Passing a --with-cross-host argument lets the target libraries know
# whether they are being built with a cross-compiler or being built
# native.  However, it would be better to use other mechanisms to make the
# sorts of decisions they want to make on this basis.  Please consider
# this option to be deprecated.  FIXME.

Who should I talk to about the toplevel script?  gcc-bugs?