Re: snapshot version numbers?

I noticed somebody started updating __GLIBCPP__ on a nightly basis. Thanks.

> So, the version on the branch stays at 3.0.0, but we should change the
> version on the trunk to 3.1 now?  That works for me, but we should also
> figure out how we're going to name snapshots that happen before the gcc
> 3.1 release.  (Did that make any sense?)

Yes. I would think that both head and branch should be bumped to 3.0.1.

> I.e., ten years from now looking back, is "libstdc++-3.1.tar.gz" a copy
> of the code that shipped with gcc-3.1, or is it one of our own snapshots
> from the trunk?

Dunno.

One thing we really need to do is an official release of the library
sources that match the gcc sources (ie release libstdc++-v3.3.0.0,
libstdc++-v3.3.01, etc.).

-benjamin