This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: snapshot version numbers?
- To: Phil Edwards <pedwards at disaster dot jaj dot com>
- Subject: Re: snapshot version numbers?
- From: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 09:58:30 -0700 (PDT)
- cc: Gabriel Dos Reis <Gabriel dot Dos-Reis at cmla dot ens-cachan dot fr>, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
I noticed somebody started updating __GLIBCPP__ on a nightly basis. Thanks.
> So, the version on the branch stays at 3.0.0, but we should change the
> version on the trunk to 3.1 now? That works for me, but we should also
> figure out how we're going to name snapshots that happen before the gcc
> 3.1 release. (Did that make any sense?)
Yes. I would think that both head and branch should be bumped to 3.0.1.
> I.e., ten years from now looking back, is "libstdc++-3.1.tar.gz" a copy
> of the code that shipped with gcc-3.1, or is it one of our own snapshots
> from the trunk?
One thing we really need to do is an official release of the library
sources that match the gcc sources (ie release libstdc++-v184.108.40.206,