Re: snapshot version numbers?

On Fri, Jun 22, 2001 at 10:46:19PM +0200, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> Have it match (experiemntal) g++ version on mainline.

So, the version on the branch stays at 3.0.0, but we should change the
version on the trunk to 3.1 now?  That works for me, but we should also
figure out how we're going to name snapshots that happen before the gcc
3.1 release.  (Did that make any sense?)

I.e., ten years from now looking back, is "libstdc++-3.1.tar.gz" a copy
of the code that shipped with gcc-3.1, or is it one of our own snapshots
from the trunk?

Phil

--
Would I had phrases that are not known, utterances that are strange, in
new language that has not been used, free from repetition, not an utterance