Re: templated cmath function instantiation

Hi Phil, Gabriel,

On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 03:50:56PM -0400, Phil Edwards wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 10:30:28PM +0200, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> > Phil Edwards <pedwards@disaster.jaj.com> writes:
> >
> > | Of course, if anyone tries to use 'c' or 'c_shadow' right now, bigger
> > | problems will immediately arise and prevent building long before
> > | src/cmath.cc, so the patch is safe as it stands.
> >
> > Totally agreed.  Please check it on both branch and mainline.

Thanks for addressing the problem.

> Done.  (Side note:  when using 'cvs diff' is -N incompatible with -u3p?
> Or is it just me?)

(cvs diff -uN does contain bnew files, but patch does not know where to put
them, as it seems it rather believes the names in the -+ header than the
Index: one. But I have rather versions of diffutils and patch, so this might
have been addressed.)

> Kurt, is it convenient for you to test this somehow?  If it works for you,
> I'll close the PR in GNATS.  If you cannot test it, I'll change the PR to
> either 'feedback' or 'suspended' and wait for 3.0.1.

Yes, I can. For now, I have a test for gcc 3.0.0/1 in the lib, and in case
gcc-3.0.0/1 is detected, I workaround by explicitly instantiating
std::__cmath_power<double>. I'll deactivate for 3.0.1 and confirm that it
fails with some older sbnapshots and that it works with a new one.

I'll let you know in a few hours.

Regards,
--
Kurt Garloff  <garloff@suse.de>                          Eindhoven, NL
GPG key: See mail header, key servers         Linux kernel development

PGP signature