This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: snapshot version numbers?
- To: Phil Edwards <pedwards at disaster dot jaj dot com>
- Subject: Re: snapshot version numbers?
- From: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 15:59:17 -0700 (PDT)
- cc: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
the libstdc++-v3 sources in gcc-3.0 should be considered libstdc++-v3
> So, how do we do these, now that the compiler will be generating versions
> like 3.0, 3.0.1, 3.1, etc? Try to stay in step somehow, now that the
> library code is /also/ being shipped by another package? Or go our own
> way like we did before? I strongly think that we should change our version
> number to 3.something now, but past that I have no immediate suggestions.