This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: snapshot version numbers?
- To: Phil Edwards <pedwards at disaster dot jaj dot com>
- Subject: Re: snapshot version numbers?
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <Gabriel dot Dos-Reis at cmla dot ens-cachan dot fr>
- Date: 22 Jun 2001 22:46:19 +0200
- Cc: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Organization: CMLA, ENS Cachan -- CNRS UMR 8536 (France)
- References: <20010622150420.A17839@disaster.jaj.com>
Phil Edwards <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
| So, how do we do these, now that the compiler will be generating versions
| like 3.0, 3.0.1, 3.1, etc? Try to stay in step somehow, now that the
| library code is /also/ being shipped by another package? Or go our own
| way like we did before? I strongly think that we should change our version
| number to 3.something now, but past that I have no immediate suggestions.
Have it match (experiemntal) g++ version on mainline.