This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: libstdc++ license
- To: Phil Edwards <pedwards at disaster dot jaj dot com>
- Subject: Re: libstdc++ license
- From: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 19:58:21 -0700 (PDT)
- cc: Chris Seawood <cls at seawood dot org>, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
> > Is there any document that says that this exception applies to libstdc++
> > as a whole? Looking at the 2.95.3 source tarball, I only see the
> > exception on some of the headers files. Since I can't seem to find any
> > toplevel document that explicitly states the license of libstdc++ and
> > not all of the source files contain the same license header, I'm unsure
> > of the situation.
> Guh. Well, the /intent/ is that the license applies to the whole library.
> Probably we should go through and redo the comment blocks at some point,
> but I'm not a lawyer.
FYI libstdc++-v3 should have the same license on all source and include
files. If there are somehow files missing copyrights, they should have
the correct copyright/licence info added.