This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: Need help to install libstdc++
- To: Roberto Diaz <rdiazmartin at vivaldi dot dhis dot org>
- Subject: Re: Need help to install libstdc++
- From: Russ Allbery <rra at stanford dot edu>
- Date: 19 Jun 2001 23:41:16 -0700
- Cc: libstdc++ <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Organization: The Eyrie
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Roberto Diaz <email@example.com> writes:
> So it is a real nightmare.. I can install the latest gcc and then
> libstdc++ but then some debian tools can fail (those which install from
> source packets)..
> What to do?
Switch to Debian unstable or testing and then install the gcc-3.0 packages
including the associated libstdc++ package. It's already all been built
for you (although I think the currently available packages are still from
slightly before the release -- I expect that will change shortly).
Russ Allbery (firstname.lastname@example.org) <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>