Re: Dynamic linker problems on Solaris

>> Loren James Rittle <rittle@latour.rsch.comm.mot.com> writes:

 > I have upgraded my solaris2.7 machine to binutils 2.11.1 (prerelease)
 > from around June 8.
 [...]
 > However, if I don't use -static, I still see a run-time problem
 > that I will not be able to investigate before the release.  It may
 > or may not be the "original" dynamic linking problem mentioned in
 > install.texi.

Just out of curiosity I tried the Sun as/ld (solaris2.6) and didn't
expreience any problems so far. The issues of relocations in
read-only sections and too long symbols as mentioned in
http://gcc.gnu.org/install/specific.html#sparc-sun-solaris*
did not occur.

This might leave more than one choice (i.e. other than GNU binutils
2.11.1 or better) for C++ users on solaris with gcc3...

-Frank