Re: libstdc++ license

Phil Edwards wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 12:36:16AM -0700, Chris Seawood wrote:
>
>>I've heard conflicting reports so I'm basically asking for a
>>clarification.  What is the license on libstdc++ as released with gcc
>>2.95.3 and what will the license of libstdc++ as released with gcc-3.0 be?
>>

> Both use the GPL with the runtime exception:

Is there any document that says that this exception applies to libstdc++
as a whole?  Looking at the 2.95.3 source tarball, I only see the
exception on some of the headers files.  Since I can't seem to find any
toplevel document that explicitly states the license of libstdc++ and
not all of the source files contain the same license header, I'm unsure
of the situation.

- cls