This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: libstdc++ license
- To: Chris Seawood <cls at seawood dot org>
- Subject: Re: libstdc++ license
- From: Phil Edwards <pedwards at disaster dot jaj dot com>
- Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 02:25:03 -0400
- Cc: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <3B29BAF0.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 12:36:16AM -0700, Chris Seawood wrote:
> I've heard conflicting reports so I'm basically asking for a
> clarification. What is the license on libstdc++ as released with gcc
> 2.95.3 and what will the license of libstdc++ as released with gcc-3.0 be?
Both use the GPL with the runtime exception:
As a special exception, if you link this library with files
compiled with a GNU compiler to produce an executable, this does not cause
the resulting executable to be covered by the GNU General Public License.
This exception does not however invalidate any other reasons why
the executable file might be covered by the GNU General Public License.
See the comment block at the top of the installed header files, for example.
pedwards at disaster dot jaj dot com | pme at sources dot redhat dot com
devphil at several other less interesting addresses in various dot domains
The gods do not protect fools. Fools are protected by more capable fools.