Re: PR3042

> > Seconded.  The more I hear about the quirks of AIX linking semantics

Yup. As much as I hate to keep this thread alive, I think the KDE and Qt
arugments advanced by David for keeping the same semantics as gcc.2.95.x
(which, IMHO, are broken) are a bit of a red herring: yes, these programs
are written in c++, but they don't really use the kinds of data
structures that have the difficulty.

That being said, at this point, now that most things are working, I'd
hate to see a significant linkage change at the last minute.

-benjamin