This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: V3 and cross-compiler (AIX 4.3 64-bit mode)
- To: Rainer Orth <ro at TechFak dot Uni-Bielefeld dot DE>
- Subject: Re: V3 and cross-compiler (AIX 4.3 64-bit mode)
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 17:24:13 -0400
- cc: rboehne at ricardo-us dot com, Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>, bkoz at redhat dot com, pedwards at disaster dot jaj dot com, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org, Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
>>>>> Rainer Orth writes:
Rainer> Why leave this to the user to specify? Have a look at the mips*-*-*
Rainer> (mabi=64) and sparc*-*-* (m64) cases, adding a test that the resulting
Rainer> binary really executes. It's both simpler for the user and more reliable.
Because unlike Irix and Sparc, one actually can and should be able
to build 64-bit AIX multilib on a 32-bit system. If it were not for
self-querying the limits, this would work. If the user substitutes a
correct std_limits.h, it will work.