Re: V3 and cross-compiler (AIX 4.3 64-bit mode)

David Edelsohn writes:

> 	Rainer: Using --disable-multilib actually causes its own problems
> because AIX pthread support requires a multilib.
>
> 	It looks more like we need different GCC configuration
> rs6000/t-XXX files for 32-bit and 64-bit systems.

I think a better approach would be to teach config-ml.in about AIX
multilibs, and add code there to ensure that test programs not only link,
but also run on the host system.  So you could easily leave in different
thread support libs, but exclude 64-bit multilibs if the host doesn't
support executing 64-bit binaries.  Easier for the user and more in line
with how this issue is dealt with on other platforms.

	Rainer

Rainer Orth, Faculty of Technology, Bielefeld University

Email: ro@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE