This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: Merge install/configopts docs into global gcc install.texi?
- To: Rainer Orth <ro at TechFak dot Uni-Bielefeld dot DE>
- Subject: Re: Merge install/configopts docs into global gcc install.texi?
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 21:07:42 +0200 (CEST)
- cc: <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
On Fri, 8 Jun 2001, Rainer Orth wrote:
> Are these docs really up to date for the GCC 3.0 release, and aren't they
> better integrated into the common install.texi?
The libstdc++, as far as I understand, want to see libstdc++ also as a
separate package that can be used by itself. In that sense having such
separate documentation makes sense; for GCC itself, having more than
one point to check for installation instructions is undesirable, yes.
Gerald "Jerry" firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/