This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: GCC 3.0 bootstrap failure under AIX 4.3
- To: Robert Boehne <rboehne at ricardo-us dot com>
- Subject: Re: GCC 3.0 bootstrap failure under AIX 4.3
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <Gabriel dot Dos-Reis at cmla dot ens-cachan dot fr>
- Date: 08 Jun 2001 18:38:28 +0200
- Cc: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Organization: CMLA, ENS Cachan -- CNRS UMR 8536 (France)
- References: <3B20FB2E.D38E1DFB@ricardo-us.com>
Robert Boehne <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
| I'm attempting to bootstrap g++ 3.0 under AIX and I'm running
| into a problem that appears to stem from the patch to
| mknumeric_limits discussed in this thread:
| The bootstrap fails during configuring libstdc++ for
| pcc64 saying:
| Running configure in multilib subdirs pthread power powerpc ppc64
| pthread/power pthread/powerpc pthread/ppc64
| running mknumeric_limits
| /boreas/build-gcc3/gcc/xgcc -B/boreas/build-gcc3/gcc/
| -B/boreas/tools-gnu/powerpc-ibm-aix126.96.36.199/lib/ -isystem
| /boreas/tools-gnu/powerpc-ibm-aix188.8.131.52/include -maix64 -I.
| Cannot run a 64-bit program on a 32-bit machine.
I don't know configure managed to pass that flag. AIX people, do you
have any idea?
| This failure is after power/ and powerpc/ versions
| are configured. I'm not familiar with libstdc++ source,
| but doesn't this patch prevent cross-compiling altogether?
mknumeric_limits builds native <limits>, it is definitely not suitable