This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: c_compatibility headers, include_next
- To: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>,libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Subject: Re: c_compatibility headers, include_next
- From: Stephen M.Webb <stephenw at cryptocard dot com>
- Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 10:05:08 -0400
- Organization: CRYPTOCard Corporation
- References: <200106080051.f580pLe18145@fillmore.constant.com>
- Reply-To: stephenw at cryptocard dot com
On Thu, 07 Jun 2001, Benjamin Kosnik wrote:
> What I'd like to do is ship a full set of "C" compatibility headers,
> as per annex D of the C++ standard. These are things like <string.h>,
> which include <cstring> and inject all the names in std:: into the
> global namespace.
> I've done this in my sandbox, but am having problems where:
> The question is this: is there a way to structure the "C"
> compabitility headers so that
> #if (we're being included by an include_next'd header)
> // use "C"
> # include_next <foo.h>
> // use c++
> # include <cfoo>
That's pretty much what my c_legacy headers did, only using macros
defined and undefined.
I checked the archives and realize i never posted details on my c_legacy
headers design. I stopped work on it when I came up with what I thought
was a much better idea (I was at the point of ironing out test case failures).
I'm imagining everyone scrambling like a disturbed anthill to get 3.0 out the
door, but when things settle down I can dig up the design to give one more
choice for the Most Satisfactory Solution to the chronic C header problem.
Stephen M. Webb