This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: PATCH: Configure libstdc++-v3 against gthr.h
- To: rittle at labs dot mot dot com
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Configure libstdc++-v3 against gthr.h
- From: Phil Edwards <pedwards at disaster dot jaj dot com>
- Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 15:18:51 -0400
- Cc: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <200106071014.f57AEuQ08382@latour.rsch.comm.mot.com>
> (Regenerated configure file was not included due to its massive diff size.)
FWIW, you can really cut down on message size and confusion by not including
any generated files in the version of the patch being posted to the lists.
So, config.h.in and configure are always left out, as are aclocal.m4 and
all Makefile.in's for those projects using automake. They're included
when applying the patch, but it's understood when posting the patch.
(Mentioning in the email that they've been left out is a good reminder.)
> + #else
> + #error __GTHREAD_MUTEX_INIT or __GTHREAD_MUTEX_INIT_FUNCTION should be defined
> + #error by gthr.h abstraction layer, report problem to firstname.lastname@example.org.
> + #endif
I think that the #error stuff should all be on a single long line.
pedwards at disaster dot jaj dot com | pme at sources dot redhat dot com
devphil at several other less interesting addresses in various dot domains
The gods do not protect fools. Fools are protected by more capable fools.