This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
RE: [libstdc++] <cstring> fix (PRs 2767 2977 2989 2992 and others)
- To: <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Subject: RE: [libstdc++] <cstring> fix (PRs 2767 2977 2989 2992 and others)
- From: "Stephen M. Webb" <stephen at bregmasoft dot com>
- Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 22:53:20 -0400
- Cc: <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
> On June 5, 2001 I wrote
> Here's the patch for the <cstring> and <string.h> headers to clean up the
> (known) conflict, ambiguities, and missing definitions. If
> results are good and
> there is general agreement, this change can be extended to the
> other C headers.
> Bootstrapped on i686-pc-linux-gnu with gcc version 3.1 20010604
> No new testcase failures.
I should point out that with the way I set up the build, testing in the
build directory may fail but testing after installation should be okay.
This is because of the Appendix D "string.h" file, which out of necessity
is invisible to the build but does get installed.
There may be a better way, but this works for now (even if test suites fail
under some circumstances).
Stephen M. Webb