Re: gcc 3.0 cannot compile pooma

On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 02:58:29PM +0200, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> "Zack Weinberg" <zackw@Stanford.EDU> writes:
>
> | On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 07:12:12AM +0200, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> | > "Zack Weinberg" <zackw@stanford.edu> writes:
> | > |

> | > Do you mean for the solving
> | > pathnames-which-depend-on-conformance-flags problem?
> |
> | Yes.  It starts searching for whatever header you ask, in the next
> | directory on the search path after where the current header was
> | found.
>
> That is what we have been doing with the c_shadow headers but the
> result is non-functional.

It's not at all clear to me what the c_shadow headers are trying to do
or why they don't work.  However, closing namespaces and extern "C"
blocks at the _beginning_ of a header and opening them at the _end_
looks, at the very least, impossibly fragile.

Nathan Meyers' description of the original shadow concept seemed a lot
simpler and more likely to work properly, to me (I thought it was
somewhere on cantrip.org but I can't find it anymore).

--
zw "But that means every licensed realtor in America is a creature from outer
   space!" I shouted.  "What are we going to do about it?"