Re: V3 static data in classes vs AIX

David Edelsohn <dje@watson.ibm.com> writes:

> 	Does Tru64 support WEAK symbols?  I assume that it does.  AIX
> currently does not provide for WEAK symbols.

The platform does (weak aliases only, no weak definitions), but gcc doesn't
currently use this.  I had investigated what's going on (basically,
mips-tfile looses the weakext flag when using .weakext) and had a patch
back in January 1999, but I need to clean it up and integrate it into
current sources.

	Rainer

Rainer Orth, Faculty of Technology, Bielefeld University

Email: ro@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE