This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: PATCH: Allow gcc/gthr* to be compiled by C++ as well as C
- To: jason_merrill at redhat dot com
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Allow gcc/gthr* to be compiled by C++ as well as C
- From: Loren James Rittle <rittle at latour dot rsch dot comm dot mot dot com>
- Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 15:53:25 -0500 (CDT)
- CC: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <200105301345.f4UDjuo32030@latour.rsch.comm.mot.com><200106051514.f55FE5V17145@latour.rsch.comm.mot.com> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: rittle at labs dot mot dot com
>> Why it is type (void*) instead of int is unknown to me.
> Perhaps it should be
> static int __gthread_active_ptr = !! &pthread_create;
No disagreement from me. However, changing the type of
__gthread_active_ptr is an ABI change instead of a mere bug fix to
allow C++ compilation of the header...
I am wiling to do more clean up on those files since I understand
them, but I didn't want to radically change anything.