Re: V3 static data in classes vs AIX

> AIX complains about _S_max_size as well -- as undefined, not as
> duplicate symbols.

Ahh. Ok. Sorry I wasn't clear: on Tru64 is is also undefined. We must put
in an explicit instantiation into src/string-inst.cc to solve this for
both platforms. The undefined symbols are easy to take care of, IMHO.

Still though, Tru64 doesn't have these duplicates, yet AIX does, so the
inconsistency still exists. Or maybe the Tru64 linker just doesn't care?

-benjamin