This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: V3 static data in classes vs AIX
- To: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Subject: Re: V3 static data in classes vs AIX
- From: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 17:55:25 -0700 (PDT)
- cc: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>, Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>, gdr at codesourcery dot com, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
> AIX complains about _S_max_size as well -- as undefined, not as
> duplicate symbols.
Ahh. Ok. Sorry I wasn't clear: on Tru64 is is also undefined. We must put
in an explicit instantiation into src/string-inst.cc to solve this for
both platforms. The undefined symbols are easy to take care of, IMHO.
Still though, Tru64 doesn't have these duplicates, yet AIX does, so the
inconsistency still exists. Or maybe the Tru64 linker just doesn't care?