Re: V3 static data in classes vs AIX

	I agree with Jason.  I believe that the AIX linker -G/-brtl
options may combine symbols.  Those options re-write the AIX TOC at
runtime, mimicing SVR4 behavior.

	Mark, in our earlier discussions, there was miscommunication about
the semantics of ELF WEAK symbols.  WEAK is much more like COMMON than I
had understood.  The previous problem about combining implicit
instantiations of templates really was use of (initialized) weak symbols.
This example of static class members, while similar, really is a case for
COMMON symbols, given my limited understanding of the situation.

	AIX really behaves more like always pre-linking SVR4 (if I
understand pre-linking correctly).

David