Re: PR 2989

In article <20010604224422.A32516@rotes20.wohnheim.uni-kl.de> you write:

> can ANYONE compile this snippet of code with gcc 3 branch ?

Doubtful, if they have ISO-compliant C headers without any special
knowledge of C++ requirements.

This is a known problem, see

To make your example work properly will require completely wrapping or
replacing the system's <string.h>.

> For WEEKS gcc 3 is unusable for me as I can't compile ANY bit of code out
> there. Am I really the only one experiencing this problem ?

If you want a workaround until this is fixed properly (may or may not
be done for 3.0 release?), try adding this option to your compiler's
command line: ``-include $prefix/include/g++-v3/cstring'' (you must
replace $prefix by hand to match the location of your gcc installation).

Regards,
Loren