This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: V3 static data in classes vs AIX
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Subject: Re: V3 static data in classes vs AIX
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 18:11:38 -0400
- cc: gdr at codesourcery dot com, bkoz at redhat dot com, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
My concern about your changes is how this will work with other
Free Software designed to be compiled by G++. If the storage is allocated
and merged on GNU/Linux, but not on AIX, then many Free Software
applications making that assumption and compiled for AIX will not work.
Instructing all of those application developers to add explicit
instantiations for AIX does not seem like a viable strategy. Trying to
better mimic GNU/Linux semantics seems like a better approach.