Re: 3.1 Patch: Improve libstdc++-v3 for mips-sgi-irix6.5

Gaby, I'd like to correct this "C" header stuff, not work around it as
in this patch.

None of the other library names are explicitly qualified, and if the "C"
headers were correct, then this patch would be unnecessary. The more junk
that goes in to work around the fundamental "C" header problem, the more
gunk that will have to be pulled out when a real solution goes in.

May I propose that if

libstdc++/2992
libstdc++/2989
libstdc++/2977

remain unfixed by the end of the week, bogus workarounds can go in?

best,
benjamin