This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: Allow fstream ctor to take std::string arguments
- To: Phil Edwards <pedwards at disaster dot jaj dot com>
- Subject: Re: Allow fstream ctor to take std::string arguments
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <Gabriel dot Dos-Reis at cmla dot ens-cachan dot fr>
- Date: 02 Jun 2001 01:01:28 +0200
- Cc: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Organization: CMLA, ENS Cachan -- CNRS UMR 8536 (France)
- References: <20010601152855.A1321@disaster.jaj.com>
While I would -not- want us focus on extensions, rather than trying to
implement what is *already* mandated by the standard, I think the
fstream not taking a std::string was such an obvious mistake that your
patch is probably OK for 3.1. But, please, please, let's first try to
implement what is already there.
| #define _GLIBCPP_STRINGS_IN_IOSTREAM_CTORS