correct "C" headers, higher priority

> But until automake can do the right thing, I'd like to point out that the
> include/Makefile.am patch I posted actually removes most of the
> gmake-specific stuff.

I know. Thanks for calling me on this.

The way I summarily executed that patch is unfortunate, and
perhaps quite stupid. The more I think about this stuff, I think that
getting the incremental improvement with that patch is probably a better way to
go than wishing for the moon, stars, and sun to all align over the
pyramid skylight. Or whatever, but you get the point.

I plan on revisiting all the header stuff next week, at which point that
patch will probably go in. I'm also tempted to try and hack glibc so that
it would work in a way similar to the solaris 8 headers. That might speed
development of this stuff.

There are now a series of bugs in GNATS about strchr, strcpy, etc all
being ambiguously declared, or not declared, etc. It's something that
everybody is going to run into and yes, it can be worked around but it's
kind of lame to have everything else working pretty well and have
something so basic tripping people up.

In any case, even though Mark is not requiring it for gcc-3, I think a
real effort should be made to make sure shadow-headers or some other,
more conformant than c_std option, is in working order for this release.

-benjamin