v3's testsuite_flags being called too early

There is a feature^Wbug^Wfacet of the top-level configure.in which is
giving me grief, and which I don't quite understand.  It's the same on
trunk and branch.

I saw a message not too long ago proposing a fix, but now I can't find it.

configure.in is calling testsuite_flags out of the $TARGET_SUBDIR during
the build, but $TARGET_SUBDIR/libstdc++-v3 hasn't been configured yet.
This leads to 'no such file' errors every time we leave a directory and
enter a new one.

Phil