abort() in c_shadow?

The mainline kept generating undefined references to strchr for a few
days, so after reviewing the discussion in GNATS, I tried configuring with
--enable-cheaders=c_shadow instead.

Getting all kinds of '[very common C function] undeclared' messages in
pieces of libsupc++/eh_*.  They include the <c*> headers, but use an
unqualified call to their functions, and no 'using' statements either.
I've been going through the eh_* files and qualifying the calls with std::
as needed.

Now it's complaining about abort().  But c_shadow/stdlib.h and
c_shadow/bits/std_cstdlib.h both comment out the using statements for
abort(), as well as a couple of others.  Why is this?

Phil