Re: [v3,trunk] Re: example of killer doxygen formatting

On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 08:34:47PM -0400, Phil Edwards wrote:
> Side note:  I thought that the GraphViz semi-requirement and location
> would be mentioned somewhere on the otherwise-all-inclusive Doxygen
> homepage, but it isn't.  You have to download the manual and begin
> reading it before you discover the link (embedded in PDF) to GraphViz.
> It's http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/graphviz/ for the record.
>
> I don't want to turn dot on by default just yet, but will keep playing
> with it on the side.  (And I've asked the authors about the "don't know
> whatcha mean by 'red' color" message.)

Important note for any Red Hat 7 users:  compiling GV from source on RH7
produces a broken dot.  (Bug in textutils.)

There is a workaround in current GV sources.  Or you can get the binary
RPMs which are built on a RH6.2 system, and I have verified that those
are just dandy.

The AT&T site I mentioned previously is apparently the "official release"
site.  Actual development takes place at www.graphviz.org, and the RPMs
(as well as CVS links) are there.  If you go the binary RPM route, note
that you'll also need the webfonts and freetype RPMS first.  (There's a
funky little EULA from Mcrosoft involved there which gives permission to
redistribute at will and prohibits people from charging money to do so.)

Phil