Re: cin (still) not working (for me)

On Fri, Apr 13, 2001 at 05:12:15PM +0200, Paolo Carlini wrote:

> just a short note to confirm that I'm also experiencing the problems
> with cin reported by Yasir:
>
>      http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/libstdc++/2001-04/msg00201.html
>
> I'm uncertain if submitting a PR which would be very similar to his PR
> 2523.

Please don't submit a duplicate PR.  Instead you should use gnatsweb
(or whichever GNATS client you prefer) to view this PR and then choose
"send mail to interested parties".  This will append your email to the PR
in the database, adding to the audit trail.

> Anyway, FWIW, I'm seeing this with Gcc 3.1 snapshots since the end of
> March

If you have lots of free time and get really bored, you might try to
isolate which change introduced the problem.  :-)  Also, you might try
the 3.0 branch.

> and, at least in my case, it is *not* a terminal issue (same
> behavior with redirected input).

Yasir reports the same thing.  (I've seen this happen before when stty(1)
has been used to turn off waiting for a character.)

> My system is i686, glibc2.2.2, binutils 2.10.1 and then 2.11.

Please be sure to mention this info if you send an additional email to
the existing PR.

Thanks!
Phil