Re: [v3] doxygen tweaks

On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 09:32:47PM -0700, Benjamin Kosnik wrote:

> Ok. I'm a complete idiot. First of all, I have to have doxygen
> installed.

We should be able to test for that in the script.  I'll steal the relevent
code from {some other configure file} after lunch.

> Second of all, libstdc++-v3/docs/doxygen/run_doxygen has to
> have execute permissions set.

How /does/ one tell CVS to remember the permission bits?  It's always had
the 'x' bit set in my local tree.

> The actual HTML pages generated are a bit sparse, for all their bulk:
> I looked at basic_stringbuf as an example. Is there a way to separate
> out member data from member functions? I'll have a look at this this
> weekend... we'll have to do some formatting tweaks but I really think
> this is the way to go.

Also keep in mind that the present results are what we get with no actual
hooks and documentation in the code itself.  Presumably it can only get
better from here.  :-)

As for breaking up the layout:  I don't recall seeing anything in the manual
about such separation.  There are some hooks for replacing the headers
and footers with our own HTML, but that's about it.  I've been assuming
that after running doxygen, we might need to do some grep/sed/awk'ing on
the output files (bummer).

Phil