Re: [patch RFC] cpp macro surgery

On Sat, Mar 03, 2001 at 12:44:57PM -0800, Benjamin Kosnik wrote:

> Fantastic. Were you able to time compilation speeds with the pruned
> headers? Is there any noticable difference?

The entire testsuite run is now about nine minutes on my machine, instead
of ten and a half.

I'll see what the "preprocessing" category numbers look like with -Q before
and after.  (Hmm, what's the freakishly huge dump of function names printed
just before the statistics with -Q?  That didn't used to be there.)

Oh! for precompiled headers.  Then we'd see some significant speedup.

Phil