RE: V3 PATCH: Insert `typename' and `ios_base::' where required

I submitted a flurry patches yesterday that addressed several of these
issues (including the typename and ios_base stuff). I've been compiling some
code on top of V3 for several days with -Wall -Werror and -pedantic and
submitted several bug reports for non-standard or invalid code. I've been
instantiating all of the _CharT related stuff using uint16_t as the
character type, using class of my own design for the _stateT type, and
custom specializations for char_traits and codecvt stuff.  Since I was
forcing quite a few new instantiations I needed to include all of the .tcc
files, and even the c++io.cc in the platform-specific include directory.

Needless to say, this produced quite a few warnings and uncovered several
errors.

As for the variable length array stuff, I originally changed it to use
dynamic allocation (and still have that code in my local repository) but
instead opted to go the __extension__ route, not knowing that this would be
ignored during instantiation.  I thought I had tested it, but I may have
dropped some of the warning options when I changed my builds options to
workaround a different problem in the compiler.

-g.b.